Monday, October 27, 2008

New Green Member: Heavy Metal Farmer

Hey Hi. This is my first post here on the MF blog, so let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Lindsay and I handle membership for the museum, among other things. You can find out more about me HERE.

As the first order of business in this, my first blog post, I'd like to acknowledge our most recent GREEN Member. Please join me in welcoming the Heavy Metal Farmer.



Did you know the Mattress Factory is the first museum in the U.S. to offer a GREEN, 100% paperless Membership level? We're really excited about it because there are a lot of great things about this membership.

The first and most obvious benefit is on the environment. On average, MF members receive between 20-30 pieces of paper mail each year – from exhibition announcements and quarterly newsletters, to event invitations and written correspondence. Second, the GREEN Membership allows a greater percentage of your membership dollars to directly support the art, not the commercial printer or mailhouse. And last but not least, this membership level is designed to grow with emerging technologies. As developments are made, we're excited to move along with technological tide.

You can find out more about the MF's GREEN Membership by CLICKING HERE. If you have any questions about MF Memberships, you can contact me directly at lindsay [at] mattress [dot] org. Thanks for reading!

UPDATE (10/28/2008): This post is 100% true. I can confirm that the Heavy Metal Farmer (a.k.a. Davey Boyz) is really our most recent GREEN Member. He joined on October 27, 2008.

-----
Posted by LINDSAY
-----

No comments: